Firm: Lanier Ford Shaver & Payne P.C.
Location: Huntsville - AL
2101 West Clinton Avenue, Suite 102
Huntsville, AL 35805-3093
- Tel : 256-535-1100
- Fax : 256-533-9322
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Sanderson’s practice is primarily devoted to mediation and representation of school boards, municipalities, and utilities. He has extensive experience with alternative dispute resolution and issues affecting municipalities, school boards, and municipal utilities, including real estate, employment and environmental issues, tenure, tax, public financing, and contracts.
Mr. Sanderson also devotes a significant portion of his practice to municipal litigation and education law. He is listed on the roster of approved mediators maintained by the Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution and is a member of the Panel of Neutrals of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama.
Mr. Sanderson is a registered mediator with the Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution.
Honors and Awards
- Mr. Sanderson is rated by Martindale-Hubbell as AV Preeminent ®.
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America since 2007. Listed in the areas of education law and water law.
- SuperLawyers.com named him an Alabama Super Lawyer for 2008, 2018, and 2019 in the areas of education law, utilities law, and civil litigation.
- Recipient, Distinguished Leadership Award, Leadership Huntsville-Madison Co., 2005.
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- Alabama Municipal Attorneys Association
- Alabama Council of School Board Attorneys
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Association for Conflict Resolution
- J.D., 1979, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL President, Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society
Most Outstanding Senior, 1979
Articles Editor, Alabama Law Review
Finalist, John A. Campbell Moot Court Competition
- M.P.A., 1979, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
- B.A., cum laude, 1976, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts
Northern District of Alabama
Middle District of Alabama
- All Alabama state courts
- President, The Schools Foundation, 1999-2003
- Member, Board of Directors, Committee of 100
- Member, Board of Directors, Broadway Theater League
- Member, Committee of 100
- Graduate, Leadership Huntsville, 1991
- Graduate, Leadership Alabama, 2002
- Member, First United Methodist Church of Huntsville
Chair, Board of Trustees, 2015
- Member, Madison County Commission District (911 Board)
- Trustee, Fords Chapel Cemetery Association
Lanier Ford Shaver & Payne P.C.
Lanier Ford, a full-service law firm in Huntsville, Alabama, is the firm of choice for sophisticated clients in need of practical legal solutions. We are proud to represent an impressive range of clientele, from large, national insurance carriers and local governmental entities to technology startups and individuals. Our clients tell us that they select our firm not only because we have highly rated attorneys, but also because our attorneys are client focused and results driven. As a firm, we strive to build long-term relationships with our individual, corporate, business, and governmental clients. Our commitment to excellent professional service is strengthened by our single-office model and a culture of collaboration among practice groups.
Today, Lanier Ford is home to more than 40 lawyers with skills in a wide variety of areas:
- The firm’s corporate and employment attorneys give cutting-edge, innovative advice to assist clients looking to in setting up their businesses, protecting their intellectual property, avoiding employment disputes, establishing comprehensive employee benefit plans, and financing their startups or expansions.
- The firm’s litigation attorneys serve as panel counsel for many national and international insurance carriers, and are regularly engaged by businesses, governmental entities, and governmental employees to handle high-stakes litigation before federal and state trial courts, governmental boards, and agencies. When an appeal is necessary, the firm is ready: Its appellate attorneys have collectively handled well over 300 appeals in recent years.
- The firm’s real-estate lawyers help individuals and businesses with facility acquisition and leases, while the firm’s litigators help enforce contracts and, when necessary, defend businesses against workers’ compensation claims.
- When the business matures, the firm’s business attorneys and employment lawyers guide business owners through the sales process and, where warranted, even help them find the right financial sponsor to take the business to the next level.
- With attorneys recognized throughout Alabama and beyond, the Huntsville-based law firm of Lanier Ford provides the personal attention and responsiveness of a smaller firm with the sophisticated advice and advocacy expected of a much larger firm.