Firm: Spies, Powers & Robinson, P.C.
Location: Denver - CO
950 South Cherry Street, Suite 700
Denver, CO 80246
- Tel : (303) 830-7090
- Fax : (303) 830-7089
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Robinson is a partner and co-founder of Spies, Powers & Robinson. His primary practice areas are Special Education and Disability Law, Construction Litigation, Complex Commercial Litigation, Appellate Advocacy, Insurance Coverage, and First and Third-Party Insurance Defense.
Mr. Robinson has developed a reputation as a strong legal advocate for the rights of children with disabilities. He is a frequent lecturer throughout Colorado on the application and construction of the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act, Section 504 and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Mr. Robinson has represented clients in numerous due process proceedings, appeals, civil actions, mediation, and Federal Complaints. Mr. Robinson is currently pursuing a case before the Unites States Supreme Court, Endrew F. v. Douglas County Sch. Dist., that seeks to clarify and improve the rights of children with disabilities to a free and appropriate public education.
Mr. Robinson’s commercial litigation practice focuses upon contract disputes, non-competition agreements, trade secrets and amusement park/premises liability. He also has an active appellate practice and has appeared before the Colorado Court of Appeals, the Colorado Supreme Court and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals on numerous occasions.
Mr. Robinson has developed an expertise in the area of complex insurance coverage analysis. In cultivating this specialty, Mr. Robinson has supervised claim investigations, taken Examinations Under Oath, authored coverage opinions and advised in all manners of insurance claim determinations. Mr. Robinson’s insurance coverage expertise involves questions regarding construction defect, personal and advertising injury liability, employee dishonesty, business interruption, excess and umbrella coverage, and complex property coverage issues. This experience encompasses service as a consulting expert and the post-litigation defense of claim denials with attendant allegations of bad faith. Mr. Robinson is a frequent lecturer on these topics throughout the insurance industry.
- CLE Presenter, Colorado Special Education Law, National Business Institute (Oct. 2012)
- CLE Presenter, Understanding Individuals with Asperger’s Syndrome or High Functioning Autism in Colorado, Lorman Education Services (Dec. 2007)
- CLE Presenter, Discipline, School Safety Seminar, Colorado Bar Association CLE (Feb. 2006)
- CLE Presenter, Eligibility Determination and Planning Under the IDEA, Understanding Individuals with Asperger’s or High-Functioning Autism, Lorman Education Services (Dec. 2005)
- CLE Presenter, Construction Defects and Insurance Coverage in Colorado, Lorman Education Services (May 2004)
- CLE Presenter, Discipline of Students with Special Needs, Discipline of Students with Special Needs in Colorado, Lorman Education Services (April 2003)
- CLE Presenter, Special Education, School Law Issues in Colorado, National Business Institute (Mar. 2003)
- CLE Presenter, Evaluations and Re-Evaluations, Procedural Safeguards, Mediation and Due Process, and Most Common Mistakes, Special Education Law in Colorado, Professional Development Network (2002)
- CLE Presenter, Special Education Law Update, Ethics, and Protecting the Rights of Children with Special Needs, Colorado Special Education Law (Oct. 2002)
- CLE Presenter, Evaluations and Re-Evaluations, Procedural Safeguards, and Most Common Mistakes, Special Education Law for the New Millennium in Colorado, Professional Development Network (2001)
- CLE Presenter, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA); Student Suspension and Expulsion, School Law in Colorado, National Business Institute (Mar. 2000)
- Panel Speaker, Colorado Department of Education Annual Legal Conference (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2013)
- Panel Speaker, Ingredients for Assuring Educational Success: Confidentiality, Communication About Child and Family Status, and Access to Records, Second Annual Spring Forum for the Educational Success of Children and Youth in Child Welfare and the Division of Youth Corrections (April, 2006)
Spies, Powers & Robinson, P.C.
Spies, Powers & Robinson, P.C., is rated “AV” by the Martindale-Hubbell® Law Directory, a rating reserved to those attorneys recognized by peers for preeminent legal ability and adherence to the highest ethical standards. Located in Denver, Colorado, SPR specializes in litigation and legal counseling for insurance companies, private businesses and individuals throughout the Rocky Mountain Region. The firm’s litigation expertise encompasses all areas of insurance defense and regulation, commercial disputes, governmental and administrative proceedings, and construction matters. This practice has produced a diverse clientele, including national and international insurance companies, third-party administrators, corporations, partnerships, construction companies and individuals conducting business in Colorado and throughout the Rocky Mountains.
In addition to the defense of more traditional first and third party claims, Spies, Powers & Robinson provides its clients with complex coverage analysis, investigation, advice and support in the areas of automobile insurance, property and casualty insurance, commercial and personal lines and fraud and arson. In both the insurance and commercial fields, traditional litigation services are combined with experience and training in claims handling, regulatory matters, compliance, governmental administration and arbitration and mediation.
Over the past decade, Spies, Powers & Robinson has developed a national reputation for its special education law practice. This practice involves the representation of parents of children with disabilities in virtually every legal matter that involves schools and education. Click here to visit our special education resource website.