Firm: Lewis, Thomason, King, Krieg & Waldrop, P.C.
Location: Nashville - TN
424 Church Street, Suite 2500
P.O. Box 198615
Nashville, TN 37219
- Tel : (615) 259-1366
- Fax : (615) 259-1389
- Email : email@example.com
Charles W. (Chuck) Cagle is a shareholder and chair of the Education Law and Government Relations Practice Group for the firm’s Nashville office. He oversees the firm’s representation of over 70 public boards of education, two private schools, two private universities, and a private medical school in a variety of legal matters including employment issues related to both licensed and classified employees, employee and student discipline, employee and student rights, special education and disability accommodation, constitutional rights issues, sexual harassment and bullying issues, civil rights, desegregation, school system consolidation, tort liability, school system business practices, school funding, taxation, and school construction.
Mr. Cagle also is a registered lobbyist with the Tennessee Bureau of Ethics and Campaign Finance. His list of lobbying clients has included school superintendents, school employee professional organizations, school boards, private schools, and private universities. In addition, Mr. Cagle serves as an adjunct professor at Vanderbilt University teaching courses in K-12 Education Law and Public Policy and the Law of Higher Education.
Professional Honors and Activities
- Recipient of the Kip Reel Award – the highest award bestowed for educational leadership by the Tennessee Organization of School Superintendents
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America©, Education Law
- Recipient, Tennessee Technological University College of Education Distinguished Alumni Award in 2007
- Board of Directors, Tennessee SCORE (State Collaborative on Reform of Education)
- Board member, Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Center at Tennessee Technological University
- Chairman of the External Board of Visitors, Tennessee Tech College of Interdisciplinary Studies and Regional Development
- Past President, Tennessee Council of School Board Attorneys
Lewis, Thomason, King, Krieg & Waldrop, P.C.
Lewis Thomason has a longstanding tradition of excellence and success. We provide a level of service that builds respect and establishes long-term relationships. Combining expertise with experience, our firm offers a wide range of legal services and strives to create an atmosphere of trust and communication between our clients and lawyers.
We work diligently to resolve conflicts and create enterprise opportunities for our clients. We respond to clients promptly and clearly, explaining matters in common, understandable language rather than complex legal jargon. By thoroughly meeting clients’ legal needs and taking care to avoid pitfalls that could lead to unnecessary litigation, Lewis Thomason offers exceptional representation at reasonable costs.
Our highly skilled attorneys cover the state of Tennessee and serve regional and national clients. Whether you are facing a lawsuit, struggling with a legal issue or need help with a complex business matter, we are confident that the first step to getting results is to contact us.